Are you interested in finding a reliable source of warm and quality leads to boost your sales pipeline? However, only a few are truly successful at generating leads.
Lead generation is a crucial process for business growth in any industry including supply chain and logistics. Logistics managers and operators, customs brokers, freight forwarders… Businesses should constantly research and target potential customers and ensure they are relevant and of high quality.
Otherwise, your sales team will waste valuable time dealing with irrelevant leads that don’t convert. In other words, they won’t ultimately buy your product or services.
The question is how to achieve sales goals, both qualitatively and quantitatively, and regularly secure many warm prospects for your business.
There are different ways to generate leads, both inbound and outbound. Here are five integral methods that will help you generate the right leads, all the time… if done right.
Outbound Lead Generation
#1 Use AI-powered lead generation tools
No wonder, because in our digitized world no growing company can do without automation tools. Successful companies tend to automate repetitive manual tasks that are typically extremely time-consuming and tedious, allowing sales teams to focus on selling rather than filling the sales funnel.
There are numerous tools to help businesses find and target the right prospects in seconds and boost lead generation at all stages, including defining ICP (Ideal Customer Profile), collecting intent data (behavioural information about the online -activities of Internet users) and identifying sales triggers, creating lists of prospects, prioritizing leads, etc.
You can use separate tools for each of these phases, or you can choose a few all-in-one platforms that combine all the features you need.
Here are a few automation tools you might want to try to automate the core process – finding leads and collecting their data:
1. Signum.ai LeadMachine — an AI-driven tool that helps generate highly relevant leads in real time. You set the criteria, the AI scours the web 24/7, collecting data from prospects that perfectly match your ideal customer profile.
2. LinkedIn Sales Navigator – a well-known tool that helps to find decision makers on LinkedIn, which can be considered as the main platform for generating B2B leads.
3. Brochure.io — a multichannel sales automation platform that increases the productivity of the outbound sales team. Syncs with most CRMs and sales and marketing tech stacks.
4. Signum.ai B2B LookAlike Finder – another tool from Signum.ai that companies can use to generate leads that resemble their best customers. Once a client’s successful deals have been analyzed and the best clients identified, B2B LookAlike Finder searches for similar leads that match that ICP.
5. LeadIQ – a lead capture tool that allows users to find prospects, gather contact information, and reach out to prospects online – right from LinkedIn Sales Navigator or any website.
These are five of hundreds of automated lead prospecting tools. We specifically chose these because they are efficient, easy to use, affordable, and easily synced with most sales and marketing tools. Make sure you choose the ones that are tailored to your company’s needs.
#2 Automate outreach campaigns
Did you generate a great list of leads using the tools above? Alright, let’s move on – it’s time to build a solid sales strategy. And finally automate.
Field service is one of the cheapest and most effective sales channels. Email and LinkedIn outreach campaigns enable sales teams to reach prospects and quickly convert them into customers without impacting a company’s budget. All you need is to create personalized and memorable messages and emails, and employ email and LinkedIn outreach automation tools. For example, you can test Lemlist or Mailchimp for email and ProspectIn or Dux-Soup for LinkedIn.
Why is this a must for a business? First, it helps filter out leads: you’ll only target leads you want to do business with. Second, when you use advanced sales prospecting tools, you will reach people who have a much higher likelihood of being interested in your services and products. Intentional and promising contact! Sounds great right? 😉
Inbound Lead Generation
#3 Work on your website
Check your website and ask yourself if its message is good enough to attract customers. In most cases it isn’t.
A company’s website is essential for lead generation, and landing pages need to attract and retain customers, eventually booking a demo or contacting you. For this reason, it is important to create conversion-oriented landing pages.
What to draw your attention to:
1) Clear and reasoned call-to-action – make sure you have the right CTA that performs its function and informs potential customers’ decision-making processes.
2) Contact Form – If it looks like a 10-page survey, you’d better get rid of it. Even the most targeted lead may prefer to save time and contact your competitor in a few clicks to avoid your lengthy form. Appreciate your leads and their time!
3) Testimonials – don’t forget to share the success stories of companies you’ve worked with. A few honest, positive and meaningful testimonials from logistics managers or other reviewers are the best proof of your work. They can be the deciding factor in a lead whether or not they buy your services.
4) Creative and memorable content – boring job descriptions, trivial wording, no images… Doesn’t that annoy you? your leads will. Provide visuals, give examples, create quality and memorable content that converts. This is what AI is good at too (check out Signum.ai’s AI content generation capabilities).
5) User Interface – Allow for better navigation of your website: divide sections, place more buttons if needed, etc. Your website shouldn’t be a maze and leads should be able to find what they need easily, without hating your website builders.
#4 Get the most out of SEO
Another great and inexpensive way to generate leads for logistics and supply chain services companies is through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Delivering quality content is necessary, but it won’t meet your goals and produce the results you want if nobody finds it.
In order for search engine bots – like those from Google – to find your website and show it at the top of search engine results, you need to master SEO skills and tailor your content to fit the target customers.
The higher your website ranks on the first page of search results, the more website traffic you will get and the more sales you are likely to close.
#5 Create engaging content
We just mentioned the importance of memorable and high converting landing pages. However, it’s not just about the website.
A flawless inbound marketing strategy is crucial for lead generation. The more infectious and quality content you create and distribute across the web, the better. Blog and guest posts, downloaded content, social media posts, video courses, webinars, podcasts, classes… all these types of content can help you go viral and start attracting more and more leads on different platforms from YouTube to Quora. Plus, social media buzz helps build you as an expert in your field — which you already are, right? 😉
Lead generation is essential to grow your business. We’ve mentioned five of numerous ways to generate warm leads and keep them flowing. Can you use all of them at the same time? Well, you should 😉 In this case, you have a five times higher probability of success.
Author: Kseniia Burko, Senior Copywriter & Editor at Signum.ai.
Signum.ai is a US-based company that develops AI-powered lead generation solutions for businesses striving to generate hyper-targeted leads, fully leverage real-time sales, and multiply revenue. Signum.ai experts also offer sales outreach consulting services, helping companies increase sales on a budget.